Ride TART Connect! A Free, On-Demand Shuttle in Truckee
TART Connect is a FREE, on-demand shuttle that provides point-to-point rides anywhere within the town of Truckee. Look for the “FREE RIDES” vehicles driving around town, you can’t miss them!
Each TART Connect shuttle seats 6-9 passengers and comes equipped with ski racks and bike racks, which are available seasonally. Vans are wheelchair accessible, just be sure to indicate that in your reservation. Truckee TART Connect is also pet-friendly!
Schedule & Hours of Operation
Truckee TART Connect operates year-round! Here’s the schedule through June 2024:
- Summer - June 28, 2023 - Sept 4, 2023: 6:30am to midnight daily
- Fall - Sept 5, 2023 - Dec 13, 2023: 6:30am to 10pm daily
- Winter - Dec 14, 2023 to April 7, 2024: 6:30am to midnight daily
- Spring - April 8, 2023 to June 27, 2024: 6:30am to 10pm daily
How it Works
Truckee TART Connect works similarly to other app-based ridesharing programs like Uber or Lyft.
- Download the TART Connect app on Android or Apple.
- Enter where you want to go and order a ride through the app.
- Get picked up at your specified pickup location in as little as 15 minutes.
If you don’t have the app, you can still use Truckee TART Connect by dialing 530-553-0653 to request a ride.
Enter Truckee as your service area (you can change this later) when you first open the app and be ready to enter the following information to order a ride. You’ll be asked to enter the address of where you’d like to go, the address of where you’d like to be picked up, the number of passengers, and whether or not you need wheelchair access.
Where can I go in Truckee on TART Connect?
Truckee TART Connect serves ALL neighborhoods in Truckee! Take it anywhere you need to go within the Town of Truckee boundaries.
Here are a few ideas of what you can do by riding TART Connect to and from your Truckee hotel or vacation rental.
- Ride the shuttle to Historic Downtown Truckee and pop in and out of local shops then explore our mountain cuisine with a bite to eat at Truckee restaurant or bar.
- Tour Truckee’s five breweries and sample local beers.
- Get a ride to the Truckee River Legacy Trail for an easy family ride or a hike, run, or walk. The dog-friendly paved trail is approximately 9.6-miles out and back.
- Take the shuttle to Donner Memorial State Park. Explore the museum then hit the trails or have a beach day at Donner Lake.
- Load up your mountain bike and hit the Truckee Bike Park.
- Bring your skis or snowboards for a family ski day at Tahoe Donner Downhill Ski Resort.
That’s just a start, there’s MUCH more to do using Truckee TART Connect! To see all the possibilities, check out a map of the service area in the app.
Is Truckee TART Connect is Dog-Friendly?
Yes, indeed! Truckee TART Connect welcomes friendly pets to explore with their owners. Use the shuttle to get to and from dog-friendly Truckee lodging, shops, and activities. Dogs must be well-behaved and controlled on a leash or in a carrier to ride the shuttle.
Note that North Lake Tahoe TART Connect only allows service dogs.
Thanks for Following TART Connect Ride Service Rules!
Please review the service rules before riding, and remember to show your #TruckeeLove by being kind and respectful to Truckee TART Connect’s fantastic drivers. Failure to comply with any of the rules or missed/no-show ride requests may result in suspension of your TART Connect account.