Make Truckee, California, your family's home base during the tournament, a destination committed to sustainability and conveniently located just 15 minutes from the competition venue at Northstar California Resort, an easy and scenic drive with views of the Sierra Crest and Martis Valley.
Why stay in Truckee? Here are our top 5 reasons:
1. We share USASA athletes' commitment to sustainability. Check out our current Sustainable Truckee stewardship projects and learn more at SustanainableTruckee.org. View our Sustainable Truckee Best Practices for Winter Athletes article to see how you can make an impact during your trip.
2. Getting to Truckee is easy! Our town is located just off Interstate 80, a 40 minute drive from Reno Tahoe Airport (RNO) which offers over 130 daily direct flights to 20+ non-stop destinations.
3. Truckee's FREE winter shuttle provides on-demand, door to door transportation from 8am-10pm, seven days a week. Getting to/from your lodging to groceries, pizza, and more could not be easier! Use the app to order a ride, and get picked up in minutes.
4. Truckee's walkable Historic Downtown offers a wide variety of food options from casual (tacos, pizza, etc.) to upscale mountain cuisine and family-friendly après with live music.
5. With 12 hotels, inns, and lodges and 1,200+ mountain homes, Truckee has lodging options for every family and every budget from boutique lodges and inns to spacious vacation rentals. We recommend booking direct for the best rates and deals. Plus, when you book direct, more dollars stay within our community, supporting Truckee lodging owners and staff.